On 11/10/06, Henne Vogelsang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey people,

as promised heres the heads up mail about the list migration. We will
start to migrate lists around 12:30 GMT [1]. After noon i wont
accept new subscribers anymore and by 12:35 everything should be
migrated.

Henne

[1] To see what time that is in your timezone use

        date -d "12:30 GMT"

--
Henne Vogelsang, Core Services
"Rules change. The Game remains the same."

I know it is late to complain, but I've just tried to update my filter.

First you can see the I'm subscribed via a gmail address.  I don't
download the msgs but work with them directly at gmail.com.  I suspect
that there are a lot of us doing that on this list, but I have not
paid that much attention to the various subscribers domains.

gmail has very limited filtering cabability.  In the past I filtered
on subject; [SLE].

Without testing I assumed I could change that to [opensuse] and all
would be well.  Unfortunately gmail ignores the [] chars and is
finding opensuse in any subject line.  I subscribe to a number of
lists which might have opensuse in the subject line.  Specifically
when I applied this rule to my e-mail archive it picked up dozens of
old non-SLE msgs and tagged them as SLE.

Earlier proposals of opensuse-en are sounding even better to me
because it would provide a more unusual filter item in the subject
line.  Note that for gmail users all we care about is what the pretag
in the subject says.  The details in the xmailinglist header entry are
not a concern to gmail users, so there is no need to change that
aspect, just the subject pretag.

Thanks
Greg
--