Hi Kevin

So, the DVD that's included... is that 10.1 Re-mastered?
Or did you need to include a chapter on how (and why) to
fix the updater problems of "classic" 10.1?

Sadly I had to master the DVD just before the remastered version was
made available but, yes, the book includes full instructions on "the
trick" needed to update libzypp/rug etc. Boy, was it fun writing about
that :)

The DVD is the publisher's edition of openSUSE 10.1. It includes a
handful of proprietary bits and pieces (Flash/RealPlayer - not
drivers), along with most packages, including all the devel packages.
RealPlayer means that MP3 is supported out of the box, including in
amaroK/Banshee, courtesy of the Helix Plugin.

Either way is fine with me - either you get a working
distro from the get-go, or else you get even more of an
education than you hoped for...  ;->

The book is good to go :)

And your blurb on APRESS says "... lives on the side of
a mountain in England..."    England has mountains!?!
Holy crap!  I'm getting educated even before I buy.

Did you see that movie, "The Man Who Went Up A Hill And Came Down A
Mountain"? Mountains can be smaller than you think, especially here in
England :)

Cheers

Keir

Keir Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> You can learn more about the book here:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-SUSE-Linux-Novice-Professional
> /dp/1590596749
>
> The first edition was a best seller and this edition has been
> comprehensively updated to cover SUSE Linux 10.1. In fact, it's the
> only book to cover SUSE 10.1 AFAIK.

So, the DVD that's included... is that 10.1 Re-mastered?
Or did you need to include a chapter on how (and why) to
fix the updater problems of "classic" 10.1?

Either way is fine with me - either you get a working
distro from the get-go, or else you get even more of an
education than you hoped for...  ;->

And your blurb on APRESS says "... lives on the side of
a mountain in England..."    England has mountains!?!
Holy crap!  I'm getting educated even before I buy.

Or is that another one of those English usages that's
different over here in Canada?

<g,d,r & h>

Kevin

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be
privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected from disclosure. If you
replying to this message and deleting it from your computer without copying or
disclosing it.