>From M Harris, Nov 16 at  2:03:
 >      I'm not being rude, nor am I trying to insult, but it looks like there
 > are
 >several known issues (difficulties) and work-arounds... just make sure that
 >you review the entire page to make sure.

I have read that page and more from references therein: there are problems
sometimes booting from usb memory sticks.
Yet, that page and the debian on line intructions are the only detailed pages
i have found, until now.
As i find some spare time, i will give grub a try, as you suggested.

Thank you

-
Pol