On Thursday 16 November 2006 14:07, Clayton wrote:
> > After updating to the latest kde, many of my personal settings (like
> > theme, styles, used fonts, screensaver etc.) have been
> > overwritten/changed to some defaults and I had to reset them in kde
> > control center manually. For some "special settings" not accessible via
> > control center (like size of k-menu items) I must now search the mailing
> > list archives, because I have forgotten how to do it meanwhile. This is
> > quite a lot of work...

> I've bumped into this when I missed or removed one of the QT RPMs.  It
> was a long time ago (either 9.3 or 10.0), so can't exactly remember
> which one it was - I'm old and my remembery is failing me :-P  Once
> the missing/incorrectly built QT file was replaced, I had all my KDE
> settings "returned" to me.
>
> C.

Ah, this sounds interesting. After the update I tried to compile two apps, but
configure stopped because of "incompatible qt libs". After updating the qt
libs the styles (I was asking for in another thread) now are back, too.

I just wonder, why Yast didn't complain about dependencies with the qt libs
when I was updating the kde devel packages.

Well, I guess there must be a reason I'd anyway not understand, in a while I'm
gonna get old, too :-)

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch