On 2006/11/17 03:40 (GMT-0800) Martin Mielke apparently typed:

>> So... what way would you advice me to achieve this task without shooting
>> myself in the foot? :-)

> Seems like you're trying to make the conversion more difficult than it
> needs to be. Option 4:
> a-grub-install /dev/hda
> b-cfdisk to change the type(s) on the solaris partition(s)
> c-mkfs the solaris partition(s) to ext3 or whatever you prefer

> Well, according to fdisk, my partitions look like this:

>    Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
> /dev/sda1               1       15682   125955648   bf  Solaris
> /dev/sda2           15683       16205     4200997+  82  Linux swap / Solaris
> /dev/sda3   *       16206       30515   114945075   83  Linux

> This is not 100% true, from what I said before, as Solaris's GRUB is the
> first one to show up...

That's because grub was first installed to /dev/sda -> sda1 while there
was no Suse. The MBR grub code points to sda1, where you get the Solaris
grub menu.

> Anyway, taking your advice, would it look this this for my case?

> 1. grub-install /dev/sda1

No. Instead: grub-install /dev/sda

> 2. cfdisk /dev/sda1

I rarely use cfdisk, but I don't believe that syntax is valid. Instead:
cfdisk /dev/sda, then use the menu to change the type on sda1 to 83 (or
<whatever>).

> 3. mkfs.whatever /dev/sda1

Yes
--
"Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven."
                                                Matthew 5:12 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409