On Sunday 19 November 2006 17:52, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> At 04:02 PM 11/19/2006 -0600, Rajko M wrote:
> >
> >On Sunday 19 November 2006 11:32, Saill White wrote:
> >
> >> You can do this yourself by going here and entering a company name for
> >> "Term 1" and choosing "Assignee Name" for "Field 1":
> >> http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html

> >Interesting link.
> >
> >I have feeling that this looks more like the Gordian Knot.
> >
> >Does anyone can explain this one:
> >Apparatus and method for generating and using multi-direction DC and AC
> >electrical currents #7,041,203
> >
> >I know that current can flow from + to -, also one can reverse polarity
> > and than current will go in opposite way, but still from + to -. If
> > reversal is done periodically than we call that alternating current, but
> > multi-direction DC and AC?!
> >
> >Can someone shed some light on this?
>
> In a mismatched transmission line, that is to say, for example, a 50 ohm
> coaxial line terminated in 100 ohms, a reflection will exist.  The current,
> or voltage, will reflect from the 100 ohm mismatch, and this will propagate
> down the line in the reverse direction.  This applies to AC, and is usually
> a high-frequency radio signal.  The ratio of forward voltage to reverse
> voltage is called the Voltage Standing Wave Ratio, or VSWR.  I don't know
> how this might be applied to DC, however.
>
> --doug

Hi Doug,

how line impedance mismatch applies to "multidirectional DC and AC".
The signal still travels either forward or backward, but not perpedicular.
Well, yes, the electromagnetic energy around the conductor is multidirectional
in space.

I guess that my attention was caught with a sentence where author tells that
by now we had DC and AC, and new is that we have multidirectional current
too. That implies that I never understood electricity, or the article is just
clumsy "include all in it" attempt. If I find time I'll see that again.

--
Regards,
Rajko M.