jdd wrote:
> Thomas Hertweck a écrit :
>
>> AFAIK, the SuSE packages contain only the necessary patch
>
> but this give lots of problems when one try to use more
> recent version (not suse), with frequent changes

I don't understand your comment. If any extension does not match your
version of Tbird or Firefox, the program tries to find an update. If
no update is available, the extension will be disabled. It the patch
is missing here, then the extension won't work.

So if you want to play with later versions of Firefox or TBird or
whatever, it's all up to you! If you upgrade the kernel using the latest
vanilla from kernel.org, you are responsible to compile for instance an
NVIDIA module for the new kernel (if you want to use the NVIDIA driver)
- if you don't want to do that (compile the NVIDIA kernel module), do
not upgrade the kernel and use the standard SuSE kernel (which is
supported and you get bugfixes for it) or don't use the extension (i.e.
the NVIDIA driver). It's the same situation concerning the TBird
extension, so why should it suddenly be handled in a different way? Use
standard packages and it will work. Use other packages, and you're
responsible for it. End of story.

I really get the impression that many people here just try to run this
extension down. I can't understand it. I agree that it would be better
to have the reply2list extension integrated in the core TBird program.
Nevertheless it's a useful extension at the moment. If you don't like
it, don't use it. But don't tell other people a reply2list functionality
for Tbird does not exist - this is wrong.

CU, Th.