Frank Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> can someone verify this: On SuSE 10.1 the size of the menubar, drop-down
> menues and checkboxes in the menues  of xemacs depend on the value of
> the LANG (respectively LC_CTYPE) variable.
>
> Setting LC_CTYPE or LANG to de_DE instead of the default de_DE.UTF-8
> will shrink the menu bar a bit. The difference is not so viewable.
> However, setting LC_CTYPE/LANG to en_US.UTF-8 almost doubles the
> size of the menu bar and the drop down menues, making them unusable.

In my case, "LANG=en_US xemacs" results in a slightly smaller height
of the menu bar compared to "LANG=en_US.UTF-8 xemacs".  I don't see
the double height menu.  On the other hand, I saw it in SUSE 10.0.

Perhaps it depends on installed fonts.  xlsfonts gives me 11413 fonts;
too much to be listed here.

--
A.M.