Hi!

I am going to install a new development machine soon. Right now I am trying to
plan it's configuration. The machine is going to have 3 hard discs
(partially) joined
into one big soft-RAID5 volume for things like /home, /usr and virtual
machines and
with /boot & swap partitions on the remaining space.

One thing not clear to me is if EVMS is fully supported by openSUSE team.
In fact (probably due to the quality of their's manual) it is not
clear to me if it provides
any *real* advantages over the combination of MD-RAID/LVM2 (except somewhat
more uniform management). I did some playing with it on the test
machine and found
it quite confusing (this is probably again due to the quality of their
manuals). Moreover
the complete installation (including boot/root partitions) on EVMS
does not seem to
work right, as it's presence is not autodetected by mkinitrd (it's
easy to force it manually,
but I don't want to keep track of it).

So the real question is approximately following: are there some
reasons to choose
EVMS except it's bad manual, terrible command-line interface and extra
installation
difficulties?

--
Best regards,