On Wednesday 22 November 2006 22:09, TheOldWiseKing wrote:
> 've downloaded, compiled and installed the latest kernel from
> www.kernel.org <http://www.kernel.org>. Which is version 2.6.18.3
> <http://2.6.18.3>, and I did that very successfully. After doing this, I
> could not connect to LAN with my wireless card, which is IntelPro
> Wireless card. When I use the old kernel, it works fine !!
>
> So, what is missing?

You are missing the correct definition of "very successfully".   ;-)

You may have to go over to the intel site and download
source for that card and build it against the new kernel,
and/or install the firmware file again.

Firmware goes in /lib/firmware/

But you might be missing something in
/lib/modules/<your-kernel-version>/kernel/drivers/firmware
--
John Andersen