Hi Michal

On Friday 24 November 2006 15:20, Michal Marek wrote:
> The sad part of the story is that people who are able to "compile it
> themselves" don't seem to need php4, and people who need it aren't
> willing to do the packaging :(

Yes, I suppose I could compile it (although it is sometimes not the easiest),
but it's so much nicer to be able to install an rpm on new machines,
reinstalls, customers, etc.  SUSE spoils me, you see :-)

> So, given that this is not the first request, I can repack the 10.0 php4
> for 10.1 and 10.2 in the buildservice next week, but do not expect too
> much support for it (that is: I can continue adding security fixes from
> 10.0, but bugreports without attached patch will have very very low
> priority). Upstream doesn't care much about php4 either.

I'll try the scorot packages for now, but if it were possible without too much
difficulty to do 10.1/10.2 packages that would be nice.  It may be that by
10.3 the shift towards PHP5 among low-tier hosters will have happened, and I
can stop whinging.  Thanks.

--
Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly