On Saturday 25 November 2006 04:08, John Andersen wrote:
> On Friday 24 November 2006 06:14, C. Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
> > Do not know why but suddenly I cannot view any DVD video (and VCD

> > :~> xine
> >
> > This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.5cvs.
> > (c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
> > X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for
> > operation) Major opcode of failed request:  142 (XVideo)
> >   Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
> >   Serial number of failed request:  6096

> Did this EVER work for you Brouerius?
>
> The reason I ask, is because SUSE delivers intentionally broken
> multimedia packages, and unless you add the packman repository
> to your list of repositories and do an update, you are likely banging
> your head against the wall.
It worked until last month (last time I used it).
Since then I have got my regular updates via smart. The only big change I can
think of is changing my monitor specs from vesa to Likom L703x.
Up to then I had monitor problems due to overheating of the monitor if I used
the specs from the setup (Likom) Using vesa 800x600 was the answer.
I am now using the monitor in the same resolution but with sax2 I have made it
possible to use higher resolutions.
Using vesa would be a setback but possible.Have to find out if that changes
anything.