Doug McGarrett wrote:
 > I'm not sure any of this thread answers a question of mine, but I may be
> wrong.
> What I would like to do is have a transparent path in both directions to
> exchange files between an XP system and Linux 9.3.  I also need concise
> directions how to set this up in both systems.  Drag and drop would be
> nice, but is not essential.
>
> --doug

You want a way to access files on the Linux system from the Windows
system _transparently_? Samba is the way to go. The yast module makes it
very easy to configure.

Once samba is up and running, map the samba share to a network drive on
the Windows machine, and you are done.

--
Regards,
Aveek Bhattacharya