hi, John, this is the solution:

i found the answer to my problem in the configuration file sendmail.cf

# my official domain name

# ... define this only if sendmail cannot automatically determine your domain #Dj$w.Foo.COMUncomment the macro and include the fully qualified host name.

The entry is similar to this for penguin.southpole.com:

i use:

Djwww.mydomain.com

restart the sendmail and that´s all.

this solved the problem.