On Thursday 30 November 2006 12:57, James Oakley wrote:
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 3:24 pm, Robert Smits wrote:
> > The only problem I have with reiserfs is that suse's partition manager
> > doesn't seem to be able to resize a reiserfs partition, which is why I
> > installed with ext3 when I added Suse 10.1
>
> Reiserfs can be resized without even unmounting. If you want to grow a
> Reiserfs filesystem, you simply increase the size of the underlying
> volume/partition/whatever, then run resize_reiserfs <device>.

Didn't do it for me. I tried to get the partition manager in Yast to reduce
the size of the partition, it wouldn't do it, and then found a number of
articles in user groups telling me that others had the same problem and that
it couldn't be done because the tools weren't available in 10.1. The problem
didn't exist with ext3 partitions.

--
Robert Smits, Ladysmith BC Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]