On Saturday 02 December 2006 19:30, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Kai Ponte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [12-02-06 22:26]:
> > On Friday 01 December 2006 17:41, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > > That's the fault of the file browser you are using, not of the
> > > filesystem.
> >
> > Okay. Is there a better file browser? I just use Konqueror because it
> > is what i have.
> >
> > Oh, I don't particulary like Krusader, because I can't get a simple
> > folder in one tab and the files/folders in the other tab like
> > Konqeror and Explorer.
>
> Try mc, midnight commander.  It uses much less resources and is text
> based.

Thanks for the tip. I do slip into that when I have to downgrade into the
command line. It allows for some rudimentary work. However, I was looking for
a real file browser. :) Seriously, having been stuck in a command line from
'79 until about '93 (with the exception of my school Macintoshes) I hope
never to see the command line again.

> ps. Please trim your quotes.  thanks,

I always do when appropriate.

--
kai

a turn signal is a statement, not a request