On Tuesday 05 December 2006 23:33, Sylvester Lykkehus wrote:
> Are there any way I can get it query both, or alternatively use my
> 10.0.0.1 DNS, if it is not a company.net address ?
> I know from that-other-os(tm), it is possible, since it works when using
> VPN.

You need to run your own in house DNS server. (Usually BIND).

Yast will even help set that up for you.
It should have some local resources (ptr records to local network machines),
and it should query your ISP for things it does not know.
I set one up on SLES, using Yast, and it was pretty easy
considdering how little I actually know about running BIND.

You need to have your dhcp server feed all your in house
machines the IP of your in-house dns server (if you use dhcp), or configure
all your machines manually to use your in-house DNS server.

--
John Andersen