On 12/6/06, Jos van Kan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
D Gavrilovic wrote:

> However, re: the user manual. It's not much use to experienced Linux
> users. But...
>
> Whenever I finally do manage to convince a Windows user/business to
> move to SUSE, the first thing they ask is, "Can we get a manual? We
> need to learn how to use this.".
>
> So manuals are quite important in the conversion/migrations process.
> People do like to look at books. And some of these people are not
> "geeks".

Maybe its worthwile for Novell/Suse to set up a "Print on Demand" service? I'm
sure a lot of customers would be willing to pay extra for the clothbound admin
manual.

Actually  HP or Xerox do something like that. They have a print of
demand for some of their hard core printer repair manuals. Interesting
idea.

--
"Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of
the surest stepping stones to success." - Dale Carnegie