Carlos E. R. wrote:
> [...]

That's basically what repositories are made for.
What are you expecting ? Black magic ?
Just because c-ares does not ship with SUSE, I shouldn't have built
c-ares async DNS support in my aria2 RPMs ?

There's a lot of packages you wouldn't get anywhere for SUSE Linux then.

>>> 'smart' told me
> The command "rpm -test -i aria2.rpm" should have told me that: there is a
> "requires" token in the spec file precissely for that purpose, to list the
> required rpms, no need to go searching.

No it is not.
Using Requires: with explicit package names is considered bad practice.

Again, as you didn't care to answer that in my previous mail: all of the
RPMs build by the SUSE packagers and all the RPMs that are on the Build
Service are done exactly the same way: *without* explicit Requires.
That's what AutoReqProv is for, and package managers can resolve those
automatic dependencies back to packages.

Don't tell me I suck at building RPMs.

> It did. I got "wxDownload Fast" compiled, instead, and I will try that
> one. The aria2 goes out of the window.

aria2 works really well though, very lightweight (uses even less RAM
than rtorrent).

And it's not even that hard to compile:
autoreconf -fiv
export CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/include/libxml2"
./configure --prefix=/usr/local \
- --enable-gnutls \
- --enable-bittorrent \
- --enable-metalink
make
make install

The only trick is
export CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/include/libxml2"

You could have looked at the .spec file in my aria2.src.rpm as I pointed
you to the directory where it is available from:
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/suser-guru/rpm/packages/Network/aria2/src/

- --
  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
  /\\ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>