On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 14:38 +0100, Daniel Bauer wrote:

> - Or go to KDE control-Center->kde components->file assignements
> ("Dateizuordnungen"), there are all the options and you can also change the
> order of the items appearing in the context menues.

Funny that this was just brought up. I am trying to sort out a related
thing.

I have some kde config files I install globally that add these sorts of
things. Before KDE 3.2, adding an item to the definition file called
NoDisplay kept the action from being displayed in the KDE menu, but kept
it in the right-click menu. This was perfect.

The reason the old behavior of NoDisplay was good is that in the
right-click menu you have a file name and can pass it to a program on
the command line. In the KDE menu, you are starting a program with no
referenced file.

It seems that NoDisplay now means to not show it anywhere. I guess this
is leaving SUSE and heading to KDE, but is there any way to set the old
behavior back? That is, show an action in the 'Open with" menu in the
right-click menu, but do not show it in the KDE menu.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB
Ramböll Sverige AB