On Monday 11 December 2006 00:27, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> The Xterm is still not fixed. I can get xterm to get maximized, but
> after it has been closed and opened again it has the same little window.
>
> What I have tried is the options mentioned under the 6 options:
>
> Do not affect
> Apply initial
> Remember
> Force
> Apply now
> Force temporarily
>
> I have for instance choosen the "Force" after having set the wanted
> figures. After I clicked on "OK", and the xterm got maximized.
>
> Then I closed the xterm, and restarted it where the old little xterm
> screen reappeared.
>
> I looked back in the setting area, and could see, that "Force" still was
> active, even the little screen was active.
>
> It seems like the manually settings are not saved even I clicked on "OK"
> after having set the wanted figures.
>
> What the heck can be the reason ?

Any luck with this?

For what it is worth, xterm is obeying the manual settings here.  Since you
have tried many things, maybe there are some conflicts.

Try opening xterm, in the title bar select "configure window behavior" and
then pick "Window-Specific Settings".  If you see a bunch of entries for"
Application setting for xterm" get rid of them all.

Then try once again Advanced -> Special Application Settings and set

Maximize Horizontally - Apply Initially - and check the last checkbox
(these are just what I selected as a test case)

Close xterm.  Next time xterm is run it is maximized horizontally here.

Hope this helps.

--
Don