On 2006/12/13 22:29 (GMT-0500) Thomas Miller apparently typed:

> Unfortunately, it failed to change the password.  I am assuming the
> default password is blank?  So when it asked for my old password, I
> should just hit enter.

Before there can be a samba user setup with smbpasswd there must be a
user of same name setup with useradd or a GUI tool for user management.
Once the user "msuser" exists in /etc/passwd, then you can create the
corresponding samba user "msuser" thus 'smbpasswd -a msuser', and it
will then ask for the password you wish msuser to use.
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409