Anders Norrbring wrote:
ByteEnable wrote:
Hi,

I'm using OpenSUSE 10.2 and my clock is running too fast.  I turned on
NTP but NTP only works when its first run, then defaults back to the
local clock, which is the clock that is running too fast.

This is a problem specific to 10.2.  I've had OpenSUSE 10.1, Fedora Core
5 and 6 on this same hardware without issues.

Are you possibly running this in a VMware virtual machine? If you are, add 'clock=pit' into your grub boot parameters. It's a known VMware issue.

I have the same problem with one of my machines, the clock runs way too fast. I have to run "rcntp restart" every 10 minutes to keep it somehow adjusted...

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. Van De Snepscheut