On Friday 15 December 2006 13:23, Elvis Chen wrote:
> hi all,
<snip>
> I/O error reading swsusp image.
>
> Initially I thought this was a swap-partition problem. Since I was able
> to boot into fail-safe mode, I doubled checked my /etc/fstab and made
> sure that no swap partition is allocated on my PATA drive. Still, the
> regular boot process cannot be completed.
>
> Since I can boot with fail-safe mode, I decided to play with the GRUB
> option. I found that if I put "noresume" into my boot option, the Suse
> will boot with no ill-effect.
>
> So, I suppose somehow the suspend/resume function (btw, is it new to Suse
> 10.0?) is causing the problem, but I have no idea of how/where to fix it.
> The file /etc/suspend.conf is all commented out and with no reference to
> /dev/hda.
>
> Can anyone please shed some light into this issue?
>
> tia,

As root, you'll need to check /boot/grub/menu.lst. With an editor is
probably quickest but you can get to it through YaST, System, Boot Loader.

Your default boot partition has 'resume=/dev/hda1' or similar. That should
be a /swap partition. You probably need to change that to reflect your new
disk layout. I bet you had a /swap partition on your PATA drive and its
gone now.

Don't forget to remove/stop using the 'noresume' parameter on the boot
line.!.!

Stan