Hi!

On 12/16/06, Leendert Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Saturday 16 December 2006 17:26, HG wrote:
> So it means that I need to boot from something. Now, I can boot
> from

The way I installed 10.2 on my pc is: put linux and initrd from
10.2's boot.iso somewhere on a partition, made an entry in
/boot/grub/menu.lst pointing to both, and rebooted.

Ah, so it can be on the same partition (as where the system is now and
where the updated system should be)! Ok, I'll try this.

It is possible that this does not work if the initrd does not contain
the required drivers for your hardware (e.g. NIC).

Yeah, this is true. But if they are not, then I probably can not do
this with the floppies either. (I could not find floppies anymore, so
I could not yet try if the floppy drive works or not ... sigh.)
Probably works though. At least it's somehow present in the current
installation. So I'll do that if I can not get your way to work.

Thanks all for the tips.
--
HG.