Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : [opensuse] Google Earth and OpenSuse 10.2
  Date & Time: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 07:10:22 -0700

[John] == John Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> has written:

John> Okay, I've had problems with Google Earth in both GNOME and KDE.  It
John> crashes the current session and forces me back to the login page (and by
John> crash, I mean the screen goes black and I find myself at the login
John> screen again).

I had got same problem with another program.
The cause was the memory.
Have you tested witk "memtest86"?

HTH,

---