Alexey Eremenko wrote:
On 12/18/06, Thomas Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Are there any instruction anywhere on how to do this step by step?  I
want to use 10.2 as my VMs OS.

The Administrator's Guide for 10.0 had instrcutions for Xen setup.
Haven't looked for 10.2, but I think the instructions exist.
I found it   http://en.opensuse.org/An_Introduction_to_Virtualization
This is basically what I was looking for. The instructions skip what I want to do. I have seen conversation pertaining to it, but never an end to end explanation.

When I was installing the system, it asked if I wanted to create a type of "snap shot" of the OS. I declined as I was doing a phased install due to some issue with creating a RAID 5 during install. So installed the basic system on my primary hard drive. Rebooted, installed all the service stuff, rebooted, then the source files, rebooted, then the RAID 5, rebooted, and now my system is completely installed and very stable.

It seems there is a way to use this "snap shot" (what does Linux call this?) as the source of the install of the virtual machines.
So the questions I have are how:

1)  How do I make a snap shot?
2)  How do I install from it?

TIA