On Saturday 16 December 2006 14:44, Mike McMullin wrote:
>   The boss was tooling around with the digital camera looking at
> the .jpg's on the hard drive when she decided to open one in GwenView,
> after adjusting the gamma, brightness and contrast she wanted to save
> the result, and toss the original file.  It seems that gwenview can make
> those adjustments to the picture on the screen, but not write them out
> to a file.  Any ideas (not GIMP) for accomplishing this?

I saw Digikam and Krita mentioned. Both good products. Krita blows away GIMP
for ease of use and everyday L&F issues.  Unlike GIMP it has a standard file
dialog.

Of course, also unlike GIMP you can't use it on Wintendo.

I HIGHLY recommend ShowFoto, which komes with KDE, but somehow missed the
naming konvensions of KDE. It does most of what you need from GIMP without
the ugly interface.

I also recommend Picasa. It is a Wintendo application that google bought and
ported (using an embedded Wine thingy) to *nix. I use it all the time,
because it is fast, easy and reliable.

http://picasa.google.com/linux/

These pics were all treated with Picasa:

http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/pics/2006/wiildanimal/

--
kai

a turn signal is a statement, not a request