Ken Gramm wrote:
The problem is, if that address was earlier assigned to a dynamic dialin pool, you will still be blocked by blacklists that list this address space as dynamic. You may know it is static now, but the blacklists often don't care, and the server administrators who use the blacklists care even less. This is my experience of practical use, no personal theory required.

I can verify that.  I've owned my IP addresses for over 5 years.  I even
have rDNS delegated to me, but my IP addresses still show up as dynamic
on some of the blacklists (i.e. sorbs.net).

Sorbs is not a well-maintained list in my opinion, and I refuse to use it. There are many stories of admins tearing their hair out because their IPs pop up again and again as "dynamic" in the sorbs list. From what I saw it is sufficient to have a rdns like xx-xxx-xxx-xxx.client.isp.tld to get you listed as dynamic without regard to the policy of the provider.

Their delisting policy also sucks. I feel for you, man...

Sandy
--
List replies only please!