Guy wrote:
Basil Chupin schreef:
Guy wrote:
Basil Chupin schreef:
Guy wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using OpenSuse 10.1 and the sound system is set up correctly
(Alsa &
SoundBlaster Live 5.1 card) cause everything plays alright.
Quite often I've got this annoying problem with playing clips from the
internet be it from Konqueror or Firefox.

What happens is that the clip (audio or video) plays and then for no
apparent reason about 1 second of the clip gets stuck in a loop and is
repeated ad infinitum. The remedy is to kill the nspluginviewer when
using Konqueror or to leave the site with Firefox.

So you're never sure you can hear the clip in its entirety or not which
is damn irritating. Let alone giving a demo about Linux and then having
this thing happening.

Has anyone witnessed this and better nows what's wrong?

Thx,
Guy.
Are you using the v9 beta of Shockwave Flash plugin for Firefox? This
beta does this and I had to revert back to the released version (7) to
get back my sanity.

Cheers.

Hi Basil,
You hit the nail on the head!
My version is exactly : Shockwave Flash 9.0 d55.
I suppose Shockwave is aware of this?
I have absolutely no idea. I didn't tell them but I can't be the only
one who experienced this problem so someone must have told them.

As you may be aware, the beta gets rid of the problem with the audio and
video being out of sync in v7. Well, v9 beta fixed that but created the
"loop" effect. As I hardly ever watch videos online the out-of-sync
problem doesn't worry me that much.

Thx for making my Chistmass a little merrier!
Merry Christmass,
Guy.
And the same to you! :-)

Cheers.

One final addition : I went over to
http://www.adobe.com/go/fp9_update_b2_installer_linuxplugin
and saw they had a more recent version than mine available, nmly
Shockwave Flash 9.0 d78 or 9.0.21.78 to be more precise.

I've tried it and it seems to have solved the problem.
So you can give it another try and fill in their bugform when you
stumble upon one.
There are sites like http://www.motogp.com where you won't get far with
version 7 (pages cut).
Bye,
Guy.

Many thanks for this. I've just downloaded this new version and will see how it behaves.

Cheers.