Agreed, this mailing list in particular is all about having a problem, hoping to
find someone whom had a similar problem and fixed it. This is what makes Linux
just that. We're open source, an operating system not based out of a corporate
setting, but just average guys whom like computing. We hail from all over the
globe and these mailing lists are meant for us to think together and come up
with
solutions to problems.

If you ask a question, you'll get an answer hopefully. If not a direct one,
you'll get a suggestion. If one fails to put up all the info, we'll ask you to
check things. If I went to a mechanic and said my car won't start, they'd ask
stuff like "when did you last check it", "how many miles since last oil change"
"When did it start?". If I don't give it to him in the first place, he'll have
ask to get it. Otherwise, he really can't help me with that info. Now imagine
the
mechanic just giving advice, not actually touching the car, you'd have to give
him a lot more info.

You rarely get instant gratification on these mailing lists cause solving these
problems is a process. I don't think you can expect to go to a mailing list such
as this or any linux mailing list and expect an easy answer. When you get
defensive about things, that only makes things worse. By asking a question here,
you admit that you have no clue as to what's wrong and you are also
acknowledging
that anyone whom replies knows what they are talking about. It's not that we are
trying to be egotistical, this is just how it is, you don't know, we do. One
day,
you may get in the position where you know something someone else doesn't.

We are all here to help each other but you can't be helped if you won't listen
advice given. You also need to cooperate and realize this is a process and we
need info and a lot of trial and error. This is Linux, that's how it works many
times. You don't like it, go to Windows and enjoy your viruses.

Regards,

On Mon Dec 25 17:10 , [EMAIL PROTECTED] sent: