On Tuesday December 26 2006 11:59 am, Mike McMullin wrote:

> > >   Part of it is cost, part of it is security.  The release of Vista
> > > seems to indicate the end of the MS monolithic desktop, can their
> > > server software be far behind?
> >
> > I question if Vista really is the "end" of the MS momolithic desktop.
> > From my brief hands on with it, I'd disagree. ;)
>
>   (MS)ZD-Net was commenting that the length of time and cost to produce
> Vista could mark this type of softwares end. Supposedly there was a team
> of 12 to 25 individuals just to handle the log-out/switch user aspect.
> Either end of that number seems a good deal of folk.

MickySoft's No. 1 problem is that they code "by committee." VERY FEW there
have even seen all of the code to any given application or OS. And, because
the code isn't open, there aren't the number of "eyes" reviewing code, thus
all the bugs that their software is rightly known for.

Fred

--
MickySoft, the ultimate corporate parasite.