On Thursday 28 December 2006 18:05, Jay C Vollmer wrote:
> On Thursday 28 December 2006 19:46, Jay C Vollmer wrote:
> >
> > lid-close

> > > You'll find that in /etc/sysconfig/powersave/events
> > > Look for EVENT_BUTTON_LID_CLOSED="screen_saver"
> > > Change to any value such:
> > > Possible Values: notify, wm_shutdown, wm_logout, standby,
> > > suspend_to_disk, suspend_to_ram, screen_saver, switch_vt, ignore or any
> > > value
> > >
> > > Also available via YaST>System>/etc/sysconfig Editor
> >
> > Yes, thank you.
> >
> > But as far as I can tell, these settings don't work.
>
> Let me clarify - they work in GNOME, but not in KDE.

Well, there's a very good incentive NOT to migrate to 10.2 from 10.1 - thanks!

I love the comment from Robin Knapp:

"There is NO way to configure Power Button Events. :(
So I would consider this as a real Bug in 10.2 for KDE Users.
The only way to make the power button work is not to use kpowersave.

At least add some kpowersaverc or eventsrc support for Power Button Events as
some *basic* acpi feature is missing in 10.2/KDE. This is just some more food
for (K)ubuntu trolls ("wah? no acpi button handling in susi?? *ololol* use
Kubuntu!!!!11")"

Very well stated.

--
kai - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

wo ist der ort für den ehrlichsten kuss
ich weiss, dass ich ihn für uns finden muss...