On Saturday 30 December 2006 11:03, ka1ifq wrote:
>       Hello All:
>
>       I have a home network with 6 mixed os machines connected to a router for
> internet access, this all works great. I would like to add another network
> card to my main machine just for a VNC connection on a seperate network, as
> this would be an endpoint I am not sure how to proceed and all of the books
> I have don't cover anything like this or are just too old.

What is an "endpoint"?

Do you mean that it will be connected directly to the internet (the same
one your router is connected to) or do you have another network
connection all together (another router?)

Also do you intend to run VNC as a server, (allowing others
to connect to your machine) or are you only running
VNC as a client (connecting to other machines located elsewhere)?

Either of the above, over the same internet connection should
not require a separate nic.  Perhaps just a entry in the router
table of the firewall/router if you are going to be a VNC server.

OTOH, if it is a totally separate internet connection, all
you need to do is slap in a nic, reboot and use Yast to
configure it to your needs and set ROUTING = No.

--
John Andersen