Did you configure synce serial connection and started it?

I have my iPaq on ttyUSB0, so I used synce-serial-config to set it up
and then I'm calling synce-serial-start to actually connect to PDA.
Ahh, yes these are lost in suse 10.2 as well, i can't find them anywhere.
Do you remember where you got synce-serial-config from?

I have found a synce-kde-pack-0.9.1-6.src.rpm on my system (probably
from the old OpenSuse 10.1?), it is installed and contains thinks like
rapip etc.

Where did you get your 'synce-kde' from?

ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/atrpms.net/sl10.2-i386/suse/RPMS.release

I can't say right now what version it is (have to check it at home).
-> synce-kde-0.8.0-23.i586.rpm
(seems to be older than
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=30550&package_id=73834&release_id=392909
which is 0.9.1 from February 2006, so i'll stick with 0.9.1)