My 10.2 installation has lost its sound.  When I attempt to reinstall the
sound card via Yast, I get this message:

The kernel module snd-via-82xx for sound support could not be loaded.  This
can be caused by incorrect module parameters including invalid I/O or IRQ
parameters.

I believe, though I'm not entirely sure of the timing, that this misbehavior
started after I installed the latest kernel update.  The output of uname is:

Linux 2.6.18.2-34-default #1 SMP Mon Nov 27 11:46:27 UTC 2006

And just for good measure, the output of lspci includes:

0:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237
AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)

I posted about this on linuxquestions.org and found that someone had the same
problem in the Fedora Core 6 distribution, which corroberates my suspicion of
a slightly botched kernel update.

Has anyone here seen a similar problem?  And how can I report this bug without
getting slapped down for not providing enough information?

Paul