Ysgrifennodd Basil Chupin:

Well you really do need the "new features" because OO 2.1 fixes a security hole.

Download the tar.gz file from OO.org itself then unpack it. It is all RPMs which you then install (together with the SuSE oriented file in desktop-integration sub-directory) using "rpm -i *.rpm". But unistall the earlier version of OO before doing so.

I've just installed 2.1 in Suse 10.2 without any drama.

Cheers.

I think YOU does that. Mine says build 2.0.0.1, which I believe is that build that closes the WMF and other exploits. Apologies if you had something else in mind. Once again I'm late to the conversation so could be misunderstanding.

Peter