On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 12:54:40PM -0600, Sunny wrote:

> Try to separate the commands to see which part fails:
> smart update
> smart upgrade

I ran them seperately, either way they produce the same error.

> Also, delete everything under /var/lib/smart/packages and
> var/lib/smart/channels.

I uninstalled smart & friends, rm -r'd those directories and reinstalled,
and now it works without error.

Thanks.

But it shouldn't have gotten itself into that state to begin with.

> maybe the rpm database is corrupt as well, so to fix it:
> rpm --rebuilddb

I didn't do that, it wasn't necessary.

Michael

--
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is
"God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to

San Francisco, CA