This is probably the wrong Forum for this topic.
Does anyone known when OpenOffice will deal
with wav files attached to powerpoint slides?

I find when I run OpenOffice on an XP machine
the multimedia stuff attached works but on Linux
it never has.   Possibly a secuity issue?

All these wav file attachments seem to be placed in
~/.ooo-2.0/user/gallery

So what I have been doing is going there and looking for the
latest date and then using xmms to play the sound before
actually running the slide show.

Cheers,
Bob