Hans van der Merwe wrote:
On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 02:52 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
Hans van der Merwe wrote:
On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 02:22 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
Hans van der Merwe wrote:
On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 10:01 -0500, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Thu January 11 2007 09:48, Basil Chupin wrote:
Well mine "disappeared" when I installed the earlier version from OO
some many months ago but the original icon from the 10.2 install
remained...
Thanks, Basil. I'd already created a new launcher but was curious if your experience was the same.

Carl
On the OO2.1 topic; I see the non anti-aliased font rendering is still
broken (renders Tahoma almost unreadable).

Is this a OO or OpenSuse problem?
Just tried using Tahoma in a test document and found no problems with this font.

Do you have Geecko>Configure Desktop>Appearance>Fonts>Use Anti-aliasing>Configure>Use Sub-pixel hinting set to Medium?

Cheers.
I have all that setup - my desktop and ALL other apps display fine
(Tahoma 8pt anti-aliasing off - till up to 12pt)
Just OO displays horribly with anti-aliasing turned off in its
configuration.
Certainly turning off anti-aliasing in OO has some effect (you can see it immediately in the toolbar) but the Tahoma font is still very much readable and not as you describe (above).

Cheers.

Ok unreadable is prop bit harsh - but as you say turning off
anti-aliasing in OO and using Tahoma for the menus (like I do for all my
other apps) just looks horrible.
I see there are others with the same issue:
http://en.opensuse.org/Talk:Optimal_Use_of_MS_TrueType_Core_Fonts_for_a_KDE_Desktop_on_SuSE
check the last post message.

I have to ask this question otherwise I won't be able to sleep......

*Why* do you find it necessary to turn off anti-aliasing in OO and then worry about the Tahoma - and not any other font - not displaying well?

"If it hurts why do it?", as the Actress said to the Bishop.

Why not leave the anti-aliasing on, by default, in OO and have a relaxing day?

There has to be reason for all this worrying about Tahoma and OO and anti-aliasing but I don't know what it is so please enlighten me :-) .

Cheers.

--
Hydrophobia, n: the fear of fire hydrants.