On Friday 12 January 2007 15:24, Primm wrote:
> If I batch resize a series of jpg's in gwenview or similar engine, the top
> bit of it appears of at the bottom. Has anyone encountered similar effects?
> Could anyone reproduce downloading Nikon D 50 images and then resizing to a
> similar effect?

Well, I'd like to help you out but I can't get Gwenview past the point of
wanting a writable path for my files...  Even though I specified one in the
settings.

I've never used gwenview but use convert from Imagmagik instead.   I use a D70
and have never seen the problem you claim.

Try:   convert   -geometry  640x480  -quality 75   input.jpg   output.jpg

and see how that works.