Am Sonntag, 14. Januar 2007 19:22 schrieb Stevens:
> "Cristian Rodriguez R." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > PEBCAK . all you telling us can be done with yast or with a simple
> > tutorial, if you actually dont want to **get a clue ** about basic
> > things of an OS, Im not sure if linux is the right choice for you.
>
> And therein lies the problem: the "look down your nose" attitude of most
> Linux nerds about the development of user-friendly tools and GUIs. There
> are vast numbers of computer owners out there who use M$ because it works
> for them without requiring much in the way of computer skills and until
> such time that a Linux distro comes along that offers the same ease of
> use, Linux will stay in the background.

But there lies another problem:
If we make linux as fool-friendly as windows, we get another windows. with the
same problem that windows has.
Just as a small factoid to push my point across:
at work I get one virus notification from our mail server every few minutes.
most of them being about viruses that have been "out in the wild" for quite
some time, like netsky and others.
That means there are enough fools out there who still do not believe in the
necessity of antivirus software for their windows systems. Why dont they?
because they dont have a clue.
Do we REALLY want more people like that on the 'net?

bye,
        MH

--
Die unaufgeforderte Zusendung einer Werbemail an Privatleute verstößt gegen §1
UWG und 823 I BGB (Beschluß des LG Berlin vom 2.8.1998 Az: 16 O 201/98). Jede

gpg key fingerprint: 5F64 4C92 9B77 DE37 D184  C5F9 B013 44E7 27BD 763C