Well,

It's either a fluke, or there is something strange going on. Since no
one responded, and since I am sure someone will encounter something like
this... here we go.

I was having other issues because of my curiosity on Orca, the
accessibility tool. I ran it, answered a few questions and have had
various strange issues ever since. After going to the accessibility
preferences later on, I shut off accessibility completely and now the
keyring manager and evolution work normally. I am not sure this is by
design, and I am not sure what is happening, but there it is.....

Just FYI