On Monday January 15 2007 12:06, James Watkins wrote:
> On Monday 15 January 2007 18:59, Stevens wrote:
> > > Having said all this, your services should be ok if your cd drive gets
> > > auto-mounted correctly.
> >
> > It doesn't.
>
> Sorry, it seems we have several people with a similar but not quite the
> same problem.  Does anything at all happen when you insert a disk?  Try
> doing:
>
> lshal -m
>
> and inserting a disk.
> Do you get any useful messages?
Yes heres the result:
Linuxruss:/home/russbucket # lshal -m

Start monitoring devicelist:
storage_model_DVDRW_IDE_16X property storage.removable.media_available = true
volume_part_1_size_3779690496 added

Looks like it see DVD just does show up as desktop icon, in in k3b if I try to
import the session, in Kdar if I try to select restore from dvd as root or
user (no dvd found under storage media).

Thats for your input I'm still looking for solution.
--
Russ