On Sunday 14 January 2007 03:58, HG wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 1/12/07, Curtis Rey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Well, tried to run YOU as well as YaST to contact the repo and got this
> > message AGAIN,
> >
> > File ./media.1/directory.yast not found on media:
> > http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/non-oss/
>
> Yeah, I'm having this same problems. On couple of installations. Glad
> to hear I'm not alone! :-) I was too afraid to ask about it here(*)

<snip>

> (*) All new system, great fanfare, and still from the users point of
> view - doesn't work. Yes, it's easy to guess that it's maybe something
> to do with the mirrors, but all that is hidden somewhere.

I've seen this as well, and it really seems to be a problem with the mirrors.
If I use a web browser and point it to

<http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/non-oss/media.1/>

the file "directory.yast" seems to be shown every time I have checked.

However, follow that link and you are taken to one of the mirrors (at present
the file simply contains a few lines of text).

When the problem you mention occurs, it the selected mirror that returns the
file not found error, not the download.opensuse.org site as seems to be
indicated in the error message.  You can see all this by trying with a web
browser.

> Besides, if it's a mirror/server problem, then one should not need to do
> anything to fix it. But at least in my case, weeks have not fixed it.

I've seen it for days at a time, but never weeks.  I don't know if it is
possible to "suggest" to the download.opensuse.org site to try another
mirror.  I suppose you could add one directly, if you know of one you are
satisfied with, and bypass download.opensuse.org altogether.

--
Don