* Carlos E. R. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [01-15-07 15:22]:
 [...]
> The problem is caused by postfix "mailbox_size_limit" setting!

> |> Thank you, that was it.  I was getting the error from procmail so I
> |> didn't think to look at postfix, but it turns out it sets a ulimit
> |> before spawning the delivery agent, so procmail inherits the limit from
> |> postfix.
> |>
> |> If would be nice if procmail told you *what* error it encountered, at
> |> least in verbose mode.  If I'd seen that it was exceeding the file size
> |> limit (write returns EFBIG) I'd probably have thought to look in the
> |> right place.
> |>
> |> Anyway, for the benefit of people who google or search the procmail list
> |> archive and have this same problem, the postfix parameter is
> |> mailbox_size_limit and does NOT appear in the main.cf supplied with the
> |> source, but is documented in sample/sample-local.cf so you can copy that
> |> portion into main.cf and change the limit.
>

> And it works. :-)

This is odd.  I don't understand the missing "mailbox_size_limit" in
main.cf.  It appeared in 9.0 and is in my 10.1 main.cf and was there
originally.  I did not add it.  The commenter must not have been using
SUSE/openSUSE.

going further, the system was Solaris.
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
        OpenSUSE Linux             http://en.opensuse.org/