On Tuesday 16 January 2007 22:38, Greg Wallace wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2007 @ 5:54 AM, Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> Thanks for the step by step.  I followed your directions and was able to
> add the GURU and Packman sources to YAST.  I then did the search as you
> suggested and clicked each item marked with a blue check mark to get it
> re-updated.  The update started and showed that it was getting updates from
> the CD and from packman.  However, when I put in the DVD and select "Play
> DVD with Kaffeine", I still get the same error as before -- "The version of
> Xine (used with Kaffeine) has only a reduced set of supported codecs.  It
> is not able to play DVDs. ...".  I would think that maybe there's some
> additional package I need to install, but there are so many on that page
> that came up that I had no idea which ones to pick.  The only one I
> selected was w32codec_all, thinking Microsoft might be involved in the
> security aspect of these DVDs and that that might fix it.  Oh well, at
> least I now have packman installed as a source.  Surely I must be close to
> getting this working.  Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg Wallace

You may have missed a blue tick.  try this.
When in YaST looking for the blue ticks, its easier to go to Yast's left hand
pane, scroll down to "zzz All ...." then from the one of the menus,
select "Update all if a newer version available" (or something along those
lines).  That way you won't miss any blue ticks because it will convert all
the blue ticks items to the Update icon.  You can check what is going to be
updated by clicking the title bar of the right hand Yast pane above the icon
column and it will sort the list into order of "locked" and then "updates",
just scroll down until you see the Updates. Now press Accept etc

regards

Ian