I'm trying to set up an encrypted root on opensuse 10.2, following the wiki.

When I boot into it, it stops for the password.  Unfortunately, I have
a usb keyboard and it does not work during the boot process.

I notice in /boot/config-2.6.18.2-34-default that there is a section as follows:

#
# USB HID Boot Protocol drivers
#
# CONFIG_USB_KBD is not set
# CONFIG_USB_MOUSE is not set
CONFIG_USB_AIPTEK=m
     ..
     ..

I assume the reason my keyboard and mouse don't work during boot is
because these two modules are not set.  I wonder why they aren't, when
everything else in that USB HID boot section is a module???

Anyway, it seems I need to compile my own kernel and enable these two
modules.  I'm reading the kernel-source README.SUSE and it says
there's a way to use rpm to build a package, but it isn't explained.
Specifially it states:

"Instead of building binary kernels by hand, you can also build one of
the kernel-$FLAVOR packages using RPM."

I also can't find any howto on the wiki.  Anyone know a link to the
instructions.

If not, I guess I'll try downloading the
kernel-source-2.6.18.2-34.src.rpm and see if it will work.

TIA,