Hi,

> Quanta is good, but IMO, Kate does the trick well.
I'm a web developer, and I use Quanta. It has code completion and all the rest
of that, and uses Kate's editor KPart as it's engine, so all the goodness of
Kate with the sweetness of Quanta ;-)

> You could - as I've seen posted - use NVu as well.
I prefer not to use WYSIWYG tools, like Nvu, I've only had bad experiences. :-(

>> Also, are there any good opensource tools for Windows (part of my life I
>> have to live in the Windows world <G>).
> When using Wintendo, I use HTML-Kit from chami.com.
Trying not to blow my own trumpet here, but I'm developing an open source
HTML/PHP/etc editor for Windows. Visit
http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/ringhtml3.php if you wanna give it a spin.
Just be warned that it's nowhere near complete; there are a few bugs, although
most of the core functionality works fine. If I'm in Windows, I use my editor.

--
Raoul Snyman
Saturn Laboratories