* Graham Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [01-18-07 16:09]:
> I'm having a problem using sudo to run a program. One my main
> computer I have no problems running the program using sudo but on my
> laptop I can't.
>
> I get "cannot connect to X server" error when I try to run the
> program on my laptop. If I use kdesu I have no problem but I don't
> want to use it as it means I have to enter the root password each
> time I run the command.
>
> Both computers are running opensuse 10.2 using KDE 3.5.5
>
> I can't see any difference in the configuration of either computer
> regarding the Xserver.
>
> Has any one else had this problem and knows how to resolve it?

for sudo, compare the entries in /etc/sudoers and /etc/pam.d/sudo for
both computers.

know that su has X privileges since 10.0, iirc.  You can use su instead
of sudo.

HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
        OpenSUSE Linux             http://en.opensuse.org/